Monday, May 11, 2009

Nearly There

I can smell it. I’m close. Balboa is near. And the weather is going to turn nasty. I’ve had too much experience in such matters. Constant rain for weeks on end, interspersed with agony and destruction. Suitable weather for what I must do now.

So close.

I don’t get much sleep when I have to do something like this. I don’t sleep either. At first its hard, but then you get used to it. You enter a type of detached reality, where everyone and everything seems to standing still around you. So wired. Birds fly backwards. Aware of EVERYTHING.

The jungle is dangerous. Expect anything. Nothing is out of the realm of possibility. Spikes, nets, poisons. Anything. But the most dangerous thing in here is him. He killed her and now I must kill him.

But I didn’t kill him. He killed me. Then brought me back anew. Now, I’ve come to realize that he was right. I hate to admit it though.

Focus. FOCUS. Balboa. Yes.

The Food Mart. Saw the owner talking. Let’s follow those two teenagers.

He doesn’t even look up. I might as well be invisible. Check his apartment upstairs.

Nothing special. Actually kind of disgraceful.

Have to leave with those damn teenagers. They bought chips and slushies. Breakfast of champions. Still, better than some stuff that I have managed to keep in my stomach over the years. Not as healthy though. Less protein. Flavorless. Dull.

I learned a lot while following him across that hellish landscape. I’ll never go back.

Something has changed. Outside seems different somehow. Getting darker. Cloudy. Smells like rain. Perfect.

Wait a minute. WAS THAT BALBOA?!

It’s time to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment