Sunday, January 18, 2009

Why does there have to be a title?

Oh, it’s cold. This isn’t fun. I don’t like waking up cold. But then again, maybe I do. It doesn’t matter.

It’s still dark. Huh. That’s a good thing. Darkness allows me to do what I need to do in peace. Right now, I need to find something. I’m glad most of the city is still asleep.

At least I found the food I was looking for. It wasn’t the best-tasting thing in the world, but at least it was food. Balboa really helped me.

The sun is coming up. A lot of people consider this to be a beautiful moment. I have seen countless sunrises, and every time I feel nothing special; I don’t find myself moved or changed in any way. A sunrise signals the start of a new day, and every day I get closer and closer to death.

There are those run-down shacks that they call townhouses. Monuments from a time that is long gone. I wonder who’s awake. Wait, why do I care?

I HATE ALL OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS CITY.

1 comment:

  1. those who always ask the question about caring, always do.

    ReplyDelete